Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Deed Is Done

Well it's done. It happened, and now we're trying to get back to living. Ok so for right now it really isn't too bad. We're happy and except for a few nighttime meltdowns, we're back to "normal". Night time is when things seems to hit home. Ash wants to know where her Daddy is, and why he can't come home. When I tell her it's going to be a long time she says "sooooo Saturday?" Nope he's not coming home on Saturday. Then she cries "it's not fair!" And really it's not. But life isn't fair. It just seems that a three year shouldn't have to learn that lesson quite yet. Layne understands though except he's ticked that Dad will miss Christmas. I think this deployment is stirring up more emotion for my kiddos than the others have. They're just older. The get it a little more.
We will overcome! Ok that's a little dramatic. But really we're gonna be great. We are survivors. Life is too short to dwell on the unfair and hard. We like to focus where we are sooooo blessed. And we are. And if we keep ourselves busy, the time will start to fly!
Well this one is short, but I've said all I have to say. And now I'm the only adult in the home, I have much to do! So until next time!
Too-Da-Loo!
~Annie

No comments: