Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ok.. so since my blog is called the Army Wife, I thought I'd finally write something about that....

My husband loves his job. He basically blows stuff up. What guy wouldn't love that job right?! He loves ARMY. He has since he was a kid. Growing up he played GI Joe's he had battles with any toy he could use as a soldier. Sticks and Rocks were his weapons and ammo. He's always felt a strong desire to serve our Nation and we both felt that it was what the Lord wanted for us too. That is why we are ARMY. That being said, I'm gonna whine now. Being an ARMY Wife is hard. Let's face it, being a wife is hard. Now add any branch of the Armed Forces and it's a double whammy. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's not for the faint of heart. But there is something in particular that really ticks me off every time I hear it!! There's always some cause. Something that people are so passionate about, and they DEMAND that the U.S. do something to stop it. Granted I usually think what they are talking about is a worthy cause. I don't like Genocide or any other evil anymore than anyone else. But there's so much more to it, than marching in a few troops and stopping whatever atrocity from happening. So what I'd like to say is STOP VOLUNTEERING MY HUSBAND!! Stop Volunteering my kids for this. We all ready do our part. We all ready sacrifice. We are proud to do what we do, and we'll keep on doing it. But stop asking. If you want to volunteer someone, volunteer your spouse, yourself, whatever. But before you start making demands, make sure you'd be willing to pay the price, and not just expect someone else to, in the name of doing something.
Thank-you.

3 comments:

Taska said...

We use to play games like Risk together. Of course he always won and I was just the poor sap that got sucked into playing with him because he was just a little obsessed with war games. Funny how those memories stick with you! Yes, he has always been ARMY! Always will be!

Taska said...

I remember that we use to play Risk together. Ryan always won of course. I was just the poor sap that got sucked into his war games. Funny how those memories stick with you...You're right he has always been ARMY! Always will be!

Amanda said...

I second this! And I will add, that if your family is in the military already and your husband has NEVER set foot in a war zone, then you really have NO RIGHT to complain about the military! I think that is room for another long post. This is such the short version!