Wednesday, November 11, 2009

How I became an Army Wife...
In 2003 my King of Battle was getting ready to graduate from Weber State University. We needed to make a decision on how were going to make a living. During his time at Weber, we discovered the ROTC program. The more he was involved with them, the more he loved the ARMY!! The more he loved the ARMY the less I did. He really really wanted to go active duty. I REALLY didn't. In fact I went as far as to say that if he did I would divorce him.(I want to note here that is was very hurtful for me to say that, and it was also wrong.) But at the time it's very much how I felt. So then we decided to get smart. We came up with a way to make this decision that we were both happy with. We took it to the Lord. Our religious convictions are something that the King of Battle and I are 100% in agreement on. We felt it to be the best way to make our decision.
Now here we are many moons later an active duty ARMY family. I still have mixed emotions about it, but I have never questioned whether we made the right decision. It hasn't been easy, but it has been right. We have been so very blessed. I have learned so much, and still have lessons to learn. But one thing I have now that I didn't before.... a love for my country, my flag and my freedom. Now the National Anthem brings tears to my eyes. ( I cry a lot!) The flag displayed beautifully makes my heart skip a beat. A soldier in uniform catches my eye, always. I appreciate the freedoms I have, and mostly I AM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!

2 comments:

JaredChristineWalter said...

thanks for starting this. I've always known it can't be easy to be an army wife, and I try to remind myself that when my husband travels. He travels a lot, and when I start to cry and complain I think, at least he's not gone longer. I've always thought only the strongest women can handle being an army wife, and you are one of the strongest!
take care and thank you!

The Gardner's said...

I am so glad you started this! I remember you going through this and trying to decide. I remember you telling me that you would NEVER go active duty! I am so proud of you guys. Your hubby serving this amazing country, and you being so strong and supportive!!