Monday, November 23, 2009

Onto the Countdown!!

The King of Battle has been gone for almost a month now.... When you are part of any branch of the Armed Forces you "get" to spend lots of time apart from your servicemen/woman. It kinda sucks honestly. But it has become part of our lives, and really you get kinda used to it... well OK not really, but you make it work and you find a routine that gets you through. In fact I find myself a little jaded sometimes. I hear women (mostly) talking about how their husbands are gone for a week sometimes two for Business trips, and I think to myself... Oh what a baby! Rude, I know! I can be that way sometimes. I was watching the show The Deadliest Catch. If you haven't watched it you should. It's on TLC. Anyway they were doing a wives show. And there were these women on TV crying and carrying on about how hard it is to be alone for 6 weeks, or two months, or a season. I'm not 100% sure how long every season is, but I do know that it's not an 18 month season, or two years. Heck it's not even a whole year, so I found myself heckling these women instead of having compassion for them.... Not very nice. I'm gonna work in this I promise!
So when my King is gone, which lately seems to be a lot... we make it. In fact we try really hard to do more than just survive. We try to remain positive, grow and hey have some fun!! It's so easy to dwell on why it's hard, and boo hoo for me, but when I do that, I'm not a good Mom, and I'm no fun to come home to either I'm sure. Plus being a cry baby sure takes a lot of energy! Now I'm not saying I don't have my hard days, cause oh BABY! I DO!! I cry and wail and whine, and if I could get away with throwing myself on the floor and having a tantrum I might try it, but since my kids aren't allowed to do that, I exercise self-control!! I have a good friend who I call, at all hours of the day or night and I tell her why my life is so unfair, and she tells me it's true, and pacifies me, until my next break down! But isn't it awesome that I can do all that! Isn't it cool I have such food friends and family who'll support me!! It is. IT'S AWESOME!
So now here we are with days till my King comes home and we've switched to countdown mode. We clean really well, we grocery shop for his favorites, and I try kinda sorta to clean out the cars so he doesn't know that pandemonium that breaks out there while he's gone. I shave my legs too! Isn't that so nice of me!? I know that this last thing is greatly appreciated! ha ha!
5....4....3....2.... 1 He's coming home!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Too Cute!
Very well stated. I still have a few weeks until I will shave my legs.
My sister tells me I have every right to cry and whine. But I feel guilty thinking that every Army wife is managing pefectly. What's wrong with me...you know?
Love your post. Can't wait to hear more.