Thursday, November 12, 2009

I sometimes have people tell me how strong I am.... I have them fooled! Let me tell you something. Real life truth: I'm crazy. Seriously basketcase!! I'm not organized, I wish I were, but I'm not, and I unload on my King of Battle all the time. I'm sure he's thinking come on Lady! Get it together! But he's smart enough to not say such things out loud. This is how I look at it. My life is my life. It's not harder or more troublesome than anyone else's. Do I have my share of burdens?? Of course I do. Everyone does right!! Mine are just quite visible. I do this, and can handle this life, because the Lord helps me. He makes up the difference. He is, what I lack.
Now, all that said, let me tell you something... ARMY life is not for the fainthearted. It's not easy. And you get no say so. None. You don't pick where you live, what schools you go to, when your husband/wife comes home from work. You don't get overtime, and believe me they work overtime. But it's not without it's perks either. I never have to pack my own boxes. I have health insurance. I've met people all over the world. I've experienced service from friends, family and neighbors. I've even had people pay for our dinner at a restaurant without knowing us, because my husband was in his uniform! ( I know! How did they even see him? They must have good eyes, cause that camo really works! ) My husband has the satisfaction of knowing that when he dies, the world, the real physical world will be a better place because of him. He helped make things better, not just for our family, or a community, but for a Nation!!! ( More than one actually) How awesome is that?!

No comments: