Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'm the kinda girl that just likes to lay it all out there! I like to say what I think, when I think it. Sometimes that's not so smart... that's why I'm starting an Army Wife blog. Now I can complain, out loud to no one at all or anyone willing to read, but I don't have to complain to my honey. Or I can brag, and say how cool I think my soldier is, and it's out there for anyone who's lookin'!! So here it is. The start of my blog.

Today is Veteran's day. I think it's a highly under-rated holiday. It was on this day in 1919 that WWI came to an end. And since then there have been countless battles fought, and too many lives lost. And yet we comemmerate this day with sales, and bank closures.... while I think it's great to give people a day off, I think it's highly unknown, what this day is, what it means. To anyone who's loved a soldier and lost a soldier I say God Bless You. To the men and women to serve, THANK YOU!! And to the families of those currently serving, I feel your pain, and your pride!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

yay!!! So glad you started this blog!!!

Annie said...

Me too! Now hopefully I can just keep it up. :)