Thursday, November 12, 2009

So here's my ARMY gripe for this week. They have a program on the bases called CYS. I know why all the letters!! The ARMY couldn't function without acronyms.... anyway, it stands for Children and Youth Services. So Ryan goes in the first time to register our kids. He sits there are waits FOREVER in their waiting room, finally when he gets back there they hand him a stack of paperwork and say have all this filled out and come back. He thinks why didn't the receptionist tell me that before I wasted half a day in your black hole waiting room!! So he brings me the paperwork. I fill it all out. I pull all the shot records, take the kids to the doctor and get physicals, and go back. Then I find out because I'm honest and included on the form that my kids have allergies to certain antibiotics they have to go through a medical review board to make sure the can have care!!! Seriously! All I want are swim lessons people, and the occasional hourly babysitter. Why do antibiotics matter? GRRRRR. So 30 days later we get the ok to go back to registration. So I go back. This time it was a close call. The black hole waiting room almost didn't let us out! After two hours of the black hole I get to a desk. YES! Victory!! Oh no just kidding. we can't register your kids. See the Doctor didn't put the physicals on the CYS paper, he gave us his own form and that is unacceptable, oh and Layne needs another Chicken Pox shot. Yes we realize we told you before that his shots were acceptable, but now we've changed our minds. Yes we realize that the schools and the state only require one shot, but we require that you stab your children needlessly again, and inject them with a diseased serum so that they can have swim lessons. Are you kidding me??!! I told the lady as nicely as I could that I hated them! They never tell you the same thing twice, that I think they just make stuff up to entertain themselves. I told them to get on the same page, and that even though city rec is twice the price, I think I'll go there! You can keep your hourly care!

No comments: